How can I apply to attend?
Applications period has been extended!!
Applications close 20 May 2019
GSA Penrose Conferences are designed to be small, informal gatherings that permit frank scientific and personal discussion among participants. We expect to host as many as ~70 scientists, ranging from more senior scientists to early career researchers and graduate students.
Anyone can apply to attend a Penrose conference. Interested graduate students, underrepresented researchers, and early career faculty are especially encouraged to apply.
Preparing your application
All participants, including invited and keynote speakers, must put in an application to attend.
Please put together:
- A brief statement of your interests and the relevance of your recent work to the conference themes (max. 300 words);
- a concise abstract (~150 words) of your proposed presentation with a short title, and if your contribution was solicited;
- an NSF-style (or similar format) curriculum vitae;
- your contact information; and
- (optional) a very brief statement (1-2 sentences) on your financial need to attend meeting. Limited support may be available for some attendees.
Label your application email with “CLAST2019_Lastname.Firstname” as the Subject Title, where Lastname and Firstname are your preferred last names and first names, respectively.
Please submit your application to the conveners at firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of the day on 20 May 2019.
Once you have been selected to participate, you will be sent registration information.